Fantastical field fashion docks at 2015 Vodacom Durban July
Durban – Tens of thousands of punters and fashionistas alike embraced the festivities of the most prestigious horse racing event on the continent, suiting up and splashing out for the 2015 Vodacom Durban July ‘Captain’s Table’ fashion theme at Greyville Racecourse on Saturday 4 July.
Plenty of well groomed looks were sprayed with fashion faux pas as race goers boasted field fashions that compassed around the nautical theme. Waves of seaside colours anchored at the race course with ensembles and intricate fascinators inspired by the ocean, captains and sunsets. Fashions of the 1920’s steered some outfits while other outfits seemed to miss the boat completely.
The Gold Circle Most Striking Couple award went to Mthonzi Mthembu from M Shade Designs for his shweshwe sailor inspired matching outfits. The ecstatic designer was in disbelief over his win.
A modern Victorian look was the inspiration behind Sifiso Sabela’s winning design for Gold Circle Classic Racewear – Female competition.
First prize for the Gold Circle Exceptional Raceday Hat or Fascinator went to Kireshen Chetty, a young designer who’s no stranger to Vodacom Durban July fashion challenges having won at last year’s event.
And Teez-M Fashion House sailed away victorious for the Gold Circle Classic Racewear – Male, in a black and gold design ensemble.
Winners took home a range of great cash and gift prizes that included holidays and cruises, smartphones, shopping vouchers and spa gifts.
The 2015 Vodacom Durban July was staged at Greyville Racecourse on Saturday 4 July 2015. More information can be found a www.vodacomdurbanjuly.co.za
SUMMARY OF RESULTS
Vodacom Durban July Race Day Fashion Competition Winners
Gold Circle Most Striking Couple
1. Mthonzi Mthembu from M Shade Designs (models – Hazel Zulu & Sphesihle Mphande)
2. Prasheen Bhagwan (models – Treveena Cheerkoot & Preolen Govindsamy)
3. Brenda Waring (models – Leandi Roos & Wayne Redgard)
Gold Circle Classic Racewear – Female
1. Sifiso Sabele (model – Nosipho Dlamini)
2. Nika Couture (model -Annika Badenhorst)
3. Xolani Mhambo (model -Nomaii Bhengu)
Gold Circle Classic Racewear – Male
1. Teez M Fashion House (Ayanda Masikane)
2.Banshee by Riteshnie & Nevadh (model – Nevadh Vandayar)
3. Athenkosi Mfungula (model – Athenkosi Mfungula)
Gold Circle Exceptional Raceday Hat or Fascinator
1. Kireshen Chetty (model – Khanya Ntombela)
2. Yasmin Saanglea (model – Denelle Ince)
3. Sphelele Ntuli (model – Zenani Nkhonzi)